hist-games: Uisge

Alex R. Kraaijeveld a.kraayeveld at ic.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 03:35:00 PDT 1999

Hi all

I just stumbled across a web-page describing a Celtic game, called "Uisge":
http://www.niflungen.de/wolfshof/uisg_e.htm

As you will see, the page doesn't give any clues as to what it is based on.
In other words, it is completely obscure to me whether this game is
completely made up last month or whether it is based on some historical
sources. Anyone who knows more about this? The name is also rather peculiar
(meaning 'water').

Cheers, Lex

Dr A.R. Kraaijeveld
NERC Centre for Population Biology