hist-games: Games from Eastern Europe--??

Phefner at aol.com Phefner at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 04:36:06 PDT 1999

Does anyone know of any games that originated in Russia or what is now
Poland, Hungary or the Czech Republic--or in neighboring cultures? As far as
sports are concerned, these countries have cold climates. What did they do in
all of that snow and ice? What sort of board games did they have?  I haven't
a clue but I'm very interested in finding out. Thanks in advance.

Yours in Service,
Isabelle de Foix
Barony of Iron Mountain
Kingdom of Meridies