hist-games: Outdoor games

Badger badger at xcentric.net
Fri Jun 25 01:05:12 PDT 1999

A good source for Active games are the following two sites..

http://www-cs.canisius.edu/~salley/articles.html
with articles titled
February 1996 -- Tag
April 1996 -- Hopscotch
October 1996 -- Football
February 1997 -- Boules and Bocce
April 1997 -- Running Games

http://www.inmet.com/~justin/game-rules.html
this has a ton of board and card game rules as well as
- A detailed (although not heavily documented) description of Pall-Mall, an
early ancestor of Croquet.
- A description of Rounders, a bat-and-ball game, as played at the Northern
CA Renaissance Pleasure Faire.

That should help somewhat..

Brander (Badger) Roullett  http://www.nwlink.com/~badger
SCA: Lord Squire Frederic Badger

...I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times...
   -  Johnny Cash "Man in Black"

GothCode: DSSdba7GaShaacbabeMa34hBMPCGsij4yvftbZaI19W84a6d4aGa
6gqaqK20kmdy#captbaupj7MdarNbajTURHaaeaaakusSeattle