hist-games: Odd Games

Matthew Whitaker WhitakeM at nwrel.org
Wed Apr 7 17:13:58 PDT 1999

I thought about including card games and dice games, in the general list of
games I don't want information for.  However, I am interested in those types
of games in general.  At the moment, however, I'm looking for games that are
easy (or fairly easy) to pull together.  Are the cards still extant?

Hmm.  Now that I think about it, I suppose that *any* references you can
give me, or information is welcome and shall be appreciated.  Currently, I'm
working on something specific that may or may not include certain items, but
I'm certainly in the stuff that doesn't fit at the moment, because, I'll be
able to check them out later when I'm not doing down the tunnel I'm in at
the moment.

So, yes.  That'd be great!  Although, I have to admit, I've yet to find a
reference to playing Tarot without a reference noting "This game is so
popular I need not go into it here," or "The rules for the game of tarot is
too lengthy [&/or complicated] to go into here," or "directions will be in
your tarot pack."  So, since all my tarot decks have instructions for
reading the cards in a metaphysical manner, I'm lost on tarot games.

Matthew Whitaker (known in the SCA as Esugenas maqqas Moridaci avvi
Cremutanni)