hist-games: Dice

Matthew Whitaker WhitakeM at nwrel.org
Mon Mar 1 14:18:26 PST 1999

Thanks for the information.  Just like you, I was only sharing the knowledge
I have.

It was not my intention to imply any impugning of your information,
research, or vision.  By 'standardized,' I did not mean to imply
standardization of the modern die; rather, the information I have seen
suggested that the concept of sides adding to seven was not standardized.
Or, to use a hopefully less offensive term, such was not always the case.

With that in mind, I believe that both of our knowledge sharings can
coexist.  And, as far as I know, sides adding up to seven on a die was much
more common than those that didn't; although, other than your information I
haven't seen anything.  Which is to say, the information I've seen may have
been noted only because it was remarkable and therefore uncommon, and I'm
happy to live with that for now.

Again, my response is not intended to impugn you or your research.  It was
only to offer what information and knowledge *I* have to what I believed was
the appropriate forum.  I apologize if you felt I was dissin' you.

Esugenas