hist-games: Dice

Matthew Whitaker WhitakeM at nwrel.org
Mon Mar 1 10:22:53 PST 1999

Off the top of my head, I agree with what you've said, and it sounds like
you've done quite a bit of research, but I seem to remember a few references
indicating that dice equaling seven on opposing sides was something that
became standardized at some point.  I think it's late-ish --- towards the
15th/16th centuries, perhaps.

Esugenas