hist-games: Game Search Sites

Michael McKay seaan at concentric.net
Wed Feb 10 00:54:46 PST 1999

I recently became aware of a number of sites that have good directories and
search engines for games (both card and board).  You might find the
following web sites of interest.

http://directory.mozilla.org/Games/
This web site emulates Yahoo, but has a slightly different take.  Whereas
Yahoo employees professional editors to build their site, this directory is
built by volunteers (along the lines of the open source software movement).
Can thousands of volunteers do a better job than a few hundred
professionals?  So far, looking pretty good, take a look and judge for
yourself.

http://bx.gameseeker.com/
A specialized search engine, devoted just to games.

http://boardgames.miningco.com/
A general gaming site.  The links in the history section are referenced in
Justin's web site, but there are a number of other good links that I'm
tracking down.