hist-games: Re: Partita etc.

Christian Joachim Hartmann lukian at Null.net
Thu Sep 10 01:56:55 PDT 1998

At 11:09 08.09.98 -0700, Michael Urban wrote:
>What is a good source in the U.S. to procure Bolognese Tarocchi
>and Minchiate packs?
>
>	Mike

Unfortunately there hasn't been ANY re-edition or reprint
of a Bolognese Tarocchi pack. [If anybody knows any, please
reply.  N.B. the so-called "Ancient Tarots of Bologna" is
NOT a Bolognese Tarot. This is a Tarot de Marseille variant
with only happens to be *made* in Bologna.]

Thus, you have to buy one of the packs of the Italian makers
that produce this pack until today.

One of these can be seen here:
<http://www.trigono.com/tarocchi/Tarocco_Bolognese.html>
- this particular example made by "Dal Negro", but
"Masenghini" and "Modiano" produce the same pattern.

I'd like to point out that the prize that "Trigorno"
demands isn't pure rip-off - the Italian playing cards
are *really* that expensive!

----

As to Minchiate packs, there have been three or four reprints
of historical decks (on the other hand there are no
contemporary decks any more).

There is no recent reprint as far as I know, but
there's always the chance that _some_ shops holds has a
single copy left. Anybody knowing such a shop should stick
his hand up, please!

Actually, Trigorno offers a Minchiate deck (one which
I got, too, and which I can definitely recommend).
<http://www.trigono.com/tarocchi/scarabeo_14.html>

This is made by "Edizione Lo Scarabeo" in Turin. They call it
"ANTICHE MINCHIATE ETRURIA". It contains the 97 cards for
Minchiate.

You can definitely get all these decks through Sommerville's
shop in Edinburgh.
<http://www.playing-cards.demon.co.uk/>

On this page (search for Minchiate)
<http://www.playing-cards.demon.co.uk/tarot.htm>
you can still find four editions of Minchiate.

Good luck and try asking on the alt.tarot newsgroup too!

**       christian.hartmann at uni-duesseldorf.de