hist-games: astronomical tables board

Christian Joachim Hartmann lukian at Null.net
Mon Aug 3 07:34:16 PDT 1998

At 20:51 30.07.98 -0600, Charles Knutson wrote:
>It is posted at http://www.historicgames.com/z.html for
>people to look at. I'll leave it there for a couple of weeks for those
>who are interested.

Thank you.

I did a scan of the illustration of the '7sided backgammon'
in "Games of the World".
<http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~hartmanc/public/tables7.jpg>

I flipped the image right to left so you can see it now
as it appears in the original manuscript.

That way, we can all stop standing with the book spread
before us in front of our bath-room mirrors.

I did an enlargment of the part with the player who's turn
it is. The shapes of the faces of the 7sided dice used for
this game are quite curious.
<http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~hartmanc/public/w7.jpg>

These will stay there for a few weeks, too.

**       christian.hartmann at uni-duesseldorf.de