hist-games: chess-board w/ playing-cards

Chas historic at protocom.com
Wed May 13 10:42:10 PDT 1998

> 3. Inscribed on the board is a circle divided into four quardrants each
> of which is divided into twelve segments numbered 1 to 12, too.

I'll wager that the clock-like board in the center of this illustration (at:
http://www.historicgames.com/gameseller.html ) may be related to Christian's
example???

I took it from "The World of Games," by Jack Botermans, 1989, but I've seen it in a
number of games books.

Chas
MacGregor Historic Games.