hist-games: tablero

gustav at hub.ofthe.net gustav at hub.ofthe.net
Sun May 3 16:47:36 PDT 1998

Hello,

I am relatively new to the list and have enjoyed the insights into medieval
games presented here.  My name is Torfengr Bjornsdottir (Tori Gustafson)and
I would like to ask a question about Tablero.  A friend and I are having a
disagreement.  I know that a person's turn ends whenever there is a  "bad"
roll of the dice or when the person decides to pick up two or more coins
which are aligned.  What I do not know is how to handle a case where there
are two rows of aligned coins (for example: there are 3 in one row and
three in another, or 3 in one row and 4 in the other, etc.)  Can the person
in control pick up only one row and end their turn or can they pick up both
sets of aligned coins?  If they  can pick up both, what about rows of 2, 2,
and 2?  I have not seen a source that says you can pick up more than one
set; yet, I have not seen one that says you cannot.  Does anyone have any
ideas?