Zax <zzul518 at idt.net>: [Mid] Re: hist-games: darts (fwd)

Zax zzul518 at IDT.NET
Sun Nov 16 14:31:47 PST 1997

Ok, I am sorry for giving such worthless advice....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 15:14:59 EST
From: Timothy A Whitcomb <freyja1 at juno.com>
To: zzul518 at idt.net
Subject: Zax <zzul518 at idt.net>: [Mid] Re: hist-games: darts

Well, darts is listed as an AD&D weapon, so it's mideval, so I assume
throwing them at a target as as old as archery..

fwiw

Pray Good Gentle; how do you make such an association? AD&D has very
little to do with reality. Just because somthing is listed there doesn't
make it medieval. (in truth, i don't doubt darts ARE medieval; what I am
calling into question is your research methods.) The manuals used in
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons have no value as research materials.
Please, talk with your local MoA?S about how to asses research materials
as to their worth. If that gentle can't help you, get back in touch with
me...