hist-games: Query on dice games

Christian Joachim Hartmann lukian at Null.net
Mon Nov 10 00:52:19 PST 1997

At 10:47 07.11.97 -0500, Mark Waks wrote:

[about that dice game]

>One more question: do any of the
>books mention the provenance of the game? I'm curious about whether it's
>old enough that I should have it in my active files...
>
>				-- Justin

No, no provenance given. These are all very bookish descriptions, you know,
no interest in the history of it all.
As to age, I think there is almost none. I  couldn't find any description or
reference to that game (involving the "lying-factor") in books more than ten
years old.
If anybody has any reference or could point to the origin or the progenitors of
that game, I would be happy to know!

Christian

**       christian.hartmann at uni-duesseldorf.de