hist-games: Non European games

Wise-Sam gamgee at netrax.net
Wed Oct 29 08:01:06 PST 1997

At 10:37 AM 10/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> In the SCA do you guys only recreate European circumstances a la the Dark
>> Ages, Renaissance etc? If so, would this preclude you from playing games
>> like Mancala, or (to a much lesser extent)Go, or Shogi? Or would you still
>> play these games with the idea that they would have been 'introduced' to
>> Europeans somewhere alon g the way?
>
>It's important to remember that this list covers a greater time than
>just the SCA period, whatever it is. If you really want to know,
>Justin had a good answer, but it's also important to remember that the
>Crusades and Moorish Spain are both part of the SCA's period of
>"pre 17th century Western Civilization."
>
>-- greg

I feel that it is MOST important it say once again....  that this list
is NOT an SCA list.  There are other periods and times that deserve
talking about.  I would like to see more discussion about later history
and other cultures.
 samwise

PS. Do not send me your advertising.  Unwanted, unsolisited advertising
will force me to send a letter to your postmaster and/or sysadmin
requesting removal of your account.