hist-games: Dominos

Ed Hopkins Ed.Hopkins at mci.com
Tue Oct 28 20:16:00 PST 1997

I don't know if this relates to the Period at all, but some
fifteen or twenty years ago I had a discussion with a young woman
from Vietnam on the topic of "The Domino Theory".  She knew of
several domino games that involved taking notice of the number
of pips, but she had _never_ heard of standing dominos up in a row
and knocking them down.

Speaking of dominos, I have seen some sets that go up to double
nines, and I own a set with pictures instead of pips (for innumerate
players).  When did these innovations come about?

-- Alfredus Scurra