hist-games: Freq. Asked Questions -- Part II

David Salley salley at niktow.canisius.edu
Mon Oct 20 12:22:39 PDT 1997

David Kuijt/Dafydd ap Gwystl writes:
	[snip for brevity]
> Back to the original question, my impression is that ball/ball games,
> ball/pin games, and stick/pin games are all parallel (although likely
> related) families of games that go back at least through the 12th century.
> I have no information about how far back they go beyond that.
> As for the exact origin of ball vs 9 pins in particular, I'd have to go
> back and look at my data.

Thank you.  As you seem to be the resident expert, could you write the
brief, one-paragraph answer for the FAQ II?
	10.) Is the game ... period?
		BOWLING: [Your answer here]
							-- Dagonell
               ______
              /      | INTERNET   : salley at niktow.canisius.edu
             /       | WEB-NET    : http://www-cs.canisius.edu/~salley
    ________/        | USNAILNET  : David P. Salley, 136 Shepard Street,
   |*                |              Buffalo, New York 14212-2029 U.S.A.
  /  Rhydderich Hael | ICBMNET    : 42 55 32 N / 78 51 10 W / Alt 600
 |______________     | PERSONA    : Dagonell the Juggler
 AEthelmearc    `_   | COOKBOOK	  : "It Came From Hael's Kitchen" $2 + $1 p&h
         Kingdom  `__| DETAILS	  : Check the website under SCA, Cooking