hist-games: Date for Tarot invention

Heather Whitesides demetria at flash.net
Thu Sep 4 20:34:05 PDT 1997

MCKAY_MICHAEL at tandem.com wrote:

> >the Tarot deck was introduced in 1449 by Jacopo Marcello.
>
> I have not heard of him.  I need to go home and re-check "The Game of Tarot"
I have not either.

> anybody add more information?

Yes I am illuminating a series of period Italian Tarot (Tarocchi) cards
for an SCA A and S competition. And during my desperate and harrowing
search for documentation I have found that by and far " The Encyclopedia
ofTarot" by Stuart Kaplan to be very informative and correct. If you'd
like I could mail you my documentation. Don't worry it's short. Or for
more info I can give you specific details from the book, because I don't
knowyour area of intrest.

Sincerly, Scia