hist-games: Re: hist-games-digest V1 #25

Lachlan Jones boston at terrigal.net.au
Thu Sep 4 04:56:54 PDT 1997

Hi again,

I have a question to ask, although it is out-of period. Does anyone know of
any common games that were played by the convicts in Australia c. 1800 other
than maybe card games like whist(upper class convicts?!)

I was wondering if someone could perhaps point me in the right place rather
than discuss it here, since this is the only historic games digest I have
come across so far where people are willing to discuss such things.

Look forward to your comments!

Lachlan