hist-brewing: Herbs for brewing from hist-brewing Digest, Vol 40, Issue 1

Bob jazzbobob at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 19:13:17 PDT 2013

I grow many herbs in my organic garden. I just tore out a full trash can of ground ivy also known as ale hoof to put into my  compost heap. That stuff grows like a wild weed in my yard and is quite invasive. I have brewed with numerous home grown herbs. Yarrow, sage, artemisia, violets, strawberry, rose, lemon balm, catmint, orange/pear/spearmint/ Vietnamese mint, raspberry leaves, red clover, savory, coriander, rosemary, oregano, sorrel, costmary, harts tongue fern, walnut leaves, nettles, dandelion, tansy, and spruce tips have all managed to find their way into my brewpot and fermentor.  Drop me a line off the list if anyone wants to work out a barter/trade for fresh harvested herbs.

Bob Grossman    Jazzbobob at aol.com