hist-brewing: Sources for brewing botanicals

Deborah Wood garwood2 at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 22 18:22:59 PDT 2013

I like to gather herbs myself when I can, things like yarrow are so easy to recognize, harvest and dry.
I figure that Ale Wives walked out the back door and used nature like their grocery store. Some tree branches like juniper are wonderful when used in brewing and freeze well.

I also use a local herb store called Herboristerie Desjardins.
herboristeriedesjardins.com
The web site is in French, but when you know the latin names I have found it a very useful source for hebs when I made  gruit.

Cheers,
Deborah Wood
Montreal, Québec