hist-brewing: Colonial era brewing recipes

John P. Looney valen at tuatha.org
Mon Dec 3 14:37:49 PST 2012

 I did three early irish brews, two turned out so sour and disgusting I
couldn't work out if they had been infected or the herbs were just weird
The other was...magnificent, but I definitely got the dosage wrong. A liter
of this stuff made about one in three people who drank it unwilling to
stand, they'd just sit down and grin for a few hours. The rest of us just
grinned and loved it.

 So...yeah. Start very small with the dosage, from a flavour and an active
botanical point of view.

John

--
triad 238: Trí luchra ata mesa: luchra tuinde, luchra mná bóithe, luchra
confoléimnige.