hist-brewing: (no subject)

kent hillard kgarryh at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 08:15:18 PST 2012

PS--Mouer assumes Mrs. Cary's high malt was brown malt, but you might also try making it with an amber malt, since this might have been available in Mrs. Cary's time as well.

A couple of books to add to Henry's recommendations might be Sanborn Brown's Wines and Beers of Old New England and David Alan Woolsey's Libations of the Eighteenth Century: A concise manual for the brewing of authentic beverages from the Colonial era of America, and of times past.

Have fun!

Kent