hist-brewing: ancient ale

Merryn Dineley merryn at dineley.com
Sat Mar 6 01:07:43 PST 2010

Have a look at Billy & Declan's website - The Great Beer Experiment! The
Original fulacht fiadh brewers. Some of you have perhaps not seen this
yet. Some of you probably have.  > http://www.mooregroup.ie/beer/index.html

they have a Blog:
> http://mooregroup.wordpress.com/

And they are on You Tube as well:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ6K03ovxCM

Basically, they ran a hot rock mash in a large wooden trough (here on
Orkney they are stone slab troughs), takes a few hours for the
saccharification then just let the mash settle out and take the clear
wort from above it, using a jug or whatever. Easy.

Merryn
http://independent.academia.edu/MerrynDineley