hist-brewing: chewing grains

Martyn Cornell mcornell at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 16:26:12 PST 2010

Indeed: a precisely similar evolution occurred in several different places
8000 or fewer years ago in relation to cattle/dairy farming and lactose
tolerance, which actually supplied pressures that drove the evolution of
both human genes and cattle genes. See

http://sci.waikato.ac.nz/bioblog/2009/03/lactose-intolerance-domesticat.shtm