hist-brewing: hello from Montreal

Deborah Wood garwood2 at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 1 08:11:28 PDT 2009

  Blanche brewed with wormwood

Micro-Brasserie du Lievre

The Micro-Brewery is located in northern Quebec in Mount Laurier, and
consists of a Motel, Restaurant and Brewery all on one site.

You can visit their website at;
www.microdulievre.com
The beer is called;
La Blanche À L'Absinthe
Designed by the brewery owner Jonothan Sabourin. Typical all grain
style Blanche, easy to drink, pleasing herbal aftertaste. They also
brew a ginger beer, and a beer with carrots in the mash and which
reflects the sense of humor of the brewery owner. Lievre in French
translates as Jack Rabbit. As with all herbs, you need to test the
strength before you brew an industrial sized batch to accurately
calculate quantities, and have a predictable flavor profile.
I tasted the Blanche seasoned with wormwood on tap for the first time
at The Mondial de la Bière in June 2008, it is now available in 341 ml
bottles and only distributed in Quebec. You can see a photo of the
label on their web site.

Deborah Wood