hist-brewing: Bee Balm/Bergamont beer?

Bill certainkindoffool at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 16:19:10 PDT 2008

My idea was to make a sort of gruit IPA with it.

I realize the idea is a total anachronism from a historical perspective
because the herb only grows in the New World and wouldn't have been
available to medieval gruit brewers, plus the IPA style came long after the
fall of gruit ale.  Regardless, if it works out, I will let you know.  Its
always fun to take historical styles (even mis-matched ones like this) and
modernize them.  Its an art form!

-Bill