hist-brewing: Bee Balm/Bergamont beer?

Bill certainkindoffool at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 16:10:31 PDT 2008

Did it function effectively as a preservative?

There has to be a way to make it taste good.  Here's my thought:  (I haven't
tried this yet)

Add a little bit at the beginning of the wort boil.
Add most of it (including the flowering tops) at the very end of the boil, a
few minutes before you chill the wort.

Do you think this would tone down the bitterness/herbyness you didn't like?
What about dry-infusing it in the secondary fermentor?

-Bill