hist-brewing: Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all

Bill Velek billvelek at alltel.net
Mon Dec 24 19:02:03 PST 2007

I just want to briefly wish all of my friends here some very warm
season's greetings, whether it be for Christmas, Hanukkah, or any other
holiday at this time of the year.  I hope that Santa is good to all of
you, and that we will all have good health and good fortune in the year
to come.  Unfortunately, there are many people throughout the world who
are not as lucky as most of us, and that includes many people who are
suffering from various diseases such as AIDS, Alzheimer's, cancer,
diabetes, and many others. During this season of _GIVING_, I hope that
my fellow brewers and other friends will consider helping in one of the
easiest ways possible -- by joining our 'Homebrewers' International Grid
Computing team and donating their otherwise wasted computer power (such
as used by a stupid screen saver) for non-profit medical research. After
_YEARS_ of involvement in such programs, I can absolutely endorse them
as safe, secure, very worthwhile, and probably one of the easiest and
cheapest ways of giving. If interested, visit www.tinyurl.com/yjlnyv
Incidentally, our Homebrewers Team is just over two years old, has 76
members, and we have now donated over 109 _YEARS_ of computer time for
medical research; our team is currently ranked #85 out of 18,063 teams
on the World Community Grid -- putting us in the top one-half percent;
my sincere thanks to our team for a job well done.  Please at least take
a few moments to watch some interesting videos about our project on my
_PERSONAL_ website -- www.velek.com

Thank you all, and may God Bless each of you and your families.

Bill Velek - PERSONAL sites = www.velek.com & www.2plus2is4.com
Join 'Homebrewers' to Help Cure Disease: www.tinyurl.com/yjlnyv
660+ members Grow Hops, Barley or Herbs: www.tinyurl.com/3au2uv
790+ homebrewer group just for Equipment: www.tinyurl.com/axuol