hist-brewing: Yarrow

Joanna jbmail at isomedia.com
Tue Sep 11 20:30:19 PDT 2007

I've been really busy with harvest season and missed a few posts.
Best bet is to get a good guide book to medicinal plants for your area and
look for a place away from roadside pollution. A park maybe. We use
Peterson's Guide to Western Medicinal Plants & Herbs. Lots of great info.
We're also lucky enough to have some really narrow-focus botanical guides
that detail what the local tribes used various plants for.

I was so busy in the vegetable garden & orchard that I didn't harvest much
of my yarrow. I'll probably end up buying more to use for brewing this
winter.

-Joanna