hist-brewing: Yarrow

Bill Velek billvelek at alltel.net
Mon Sep 10 21:46:16 PDT 2007

Segedy wrote:

> Bill,
>
>        Here in N England Yarrow grows wild along the roads and in most
> fields.  I believe it is found in much of the country.  Get an Herb Book
> to id it and hit the countryside.

Sorry I missed seeing your post before this, John.  I'm afraid I'm a bit
of a chicken when it comes to picking plants out in the wild to eat; I'm
afraid I'd poison myself for certain.  :-(   ... but I might follow your
advice after I try a few things that seem safer.  I just read an
interesting post from a brew in Texas who has rosemary growing in his
yard, and he just cuts a few branches and tosses them in at the end of
the boil.  Sounds easy enough -- and safe if I know what I've planted in
my garden.  But I guess a person can get pretty good at identifying plants.

Cheers.

Bill Velek - PERSONAL sites = www.velek.com & www.2plus2is4.com
720+ homebrewer group just for Equipment: www.tinyurl.com/axuol
330+ just for Growing Hops/Herbs/Grains: www.tinyurl.com/3au2uv