hist-brewing: bronze age beer making theory in Ireland

John P. Looney valen at tuatha.org
Sun Aug 19 07:36:21 PDT 2007

 Thought this might be of interest to some of you. A number of Irish
archeologists have proposed a theory that over 4000 unexplained neolithic or
bronze age constructions around Ireland may have been early breweries. Full
story here; http://www.mooregroup.ie/beer/index.html

 It's an interesting theory, though given the size of the constructions (250
litres or more) it would indicate a scale of brewing unknown outside the
cities of Mesopotamia and Egypt, yes ? I tried to get some discussion going
on my own forum here, but no luck yet...

 http://livinghistory.ie/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1094

John

--
triad 238: Trí luchra ata mesa: luchra tuinde, luchra mná bóithe, luchra
confoléimnige.