hist-brewing: Brewing herbs

eusephus titnicker eusephus at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 13:45:34 PDT 2007

I've had beer with yarrow and it seems that a little
does go a long way.

Interesting that wormwood has been demonized more than
some of the other herbs with more benign reputations.

I just checked out a book from the library called THE
HOMEBREWER'S GARDEN by Joe Fisher.  The author seems
be on the other end of the spectrum than Stephen
Buhner as he's quite hesitant to recommend any of the
traditional gruit herbs.  The book is still a good
source of information on growing hops and common
flavoring herbs, though.