hist-brewing: Special ajduct related to hops

Stout Mindspring stout at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 23 15:17:36 PST 2007

My apologies if this question is ill received.

I want to use a "special" adjunct for a batch of experiments beer.  This adjunct is in the same family as Hops but not legally available at your brew supply shop.  I've read of recipes that employ dry hopping.  The problem is that the active constituents of this adjunct are not water-soluble.  I was wondering if it might work to steep or perhaps briefly pressure cook this adjunct with just a sufficient amount of 150 -190 grain alcohol.  I could then add it to the batch after primary fermentation.

Anyone have any thought or opinions on the viability of this?