hist-brewing: Historical Mead competition, January

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Jan 10 18:22:18 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----

From: OCurrans [mailto:OCurrans at cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 3:33 PM
To: AnS at dragonsspine.org
Subject: Meadllennium 2007

What: The first Mead-Only competition of 2007. There are just five
Mead-Only competitions in the USA. We are the oldest, and some even
say the "most prestigious." For 2007, we have added a category for
Historical Meads.  This is for the meadmaker that prefers to make his
or her mead using ancient recipes, and without the help of modern
adjuncts. If you belong to the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism)
this will be a familiar category.  Their help was instrumental in
creating this category.

When: January 27, 2007. The deadline to get your meads to us is
January 21.  Online registration and payment is available, and
encouraged. (It cuts down on errors registering your meads.)

Where: The University of Central Florida and the Rosen College of
Hospitality Management are allowing us to use their multi-million
dollar facility to evaluate your meads. The wine lab was designed,
from the ground up, specifically for wine evaluation, and we are
thrilled to be evaluating your meads there.

Why: Provide the home-meadmaker the very best evaluation of their
mead, and offer informative feedback about the qualities of their
mead.  AND, THERE ARE ALSO OUR BEAUTIFUL AND DISTINCTIVE PRIZES.

How: Some of the best mead judges in the country will be here to
evaluate your meads. We are proud to have a number of BJCP National,
Master and Grand Master ranked judges and a wine sommelier to help us
this year.  And, the Alliance of Sommeliers has graciously loaned
their special, lead-crystal, glasses to us again this year.

How Much: Still only $6.00 per entry

The BEST FACILITIES, the BEST JUDGES and the BEST TOOLS equal the BEST
Mead-Only competition for you to send your meads.

Check all the details, and find the forms at the new MEADLLENNIUM web
page: www.cfhb.org/mead