Fw: hist-brewing: Anyone using a "heat pipe" to cool fermenter? Howabout a peltier driven heatpipe?

Bill Velek billvelek at alltel.net
Wed Feb 22 15:36:20 PST 2006

matt_lists wrote:

> http://www.cheresources.com/htpipes.shtml
>
> shows the "useful" temperature range of different liquids used in heat
> pipes with Ethanol at 0 to 130 C.

Thank you very much, Matt, for the link.  I realize that this isn't
exactly "On Topic" for "Historical" brewing, but it is such a novel and
obscure idea that I am searching among all brewers for any input.  I
apologize if I have offended anyone by posting my inquiry here.  I just
presumed that brewers who are interested in historical brewing probably
also engage in a certain amount of modern brewing, too.  Anyway, the
information on the link you provided is very encouraging.

Cheers, Bill Velek
Join "HomeBrewers" international grid-computing team and help mankind by
donating spare computer power for medical research such as cancer; we're
in the top 8%, and we beat the MillerTime team: http://tinyurl.com/b7ofs
The life that your computer can help save ... might be someone you love.