hist-brewing: Brewing herbs

ckammerzell at netscape.net ckammerzell at netscape.net
Sat Nov 5 16:19:55 PST 2005

 The original recipe from ProMash:

11.5 lb  Briess Light Liquid Malt Extract
 0.50 lb Wheat Malt-German
 0.5. lb Crystal_135L-165L
 0.25 lb Biscuit Malt
 0.25 lb Brown Malt
 0.10 lb Roasted Barley

1.00 oz Kent Goldings Hops-for full 60 minute boil

0.50 gm Bog Myrtle/Sweet Gale
1.00 oz Heather Tips

Bog Myrtle and Heather Tips go in at end of boil

I added 1 tsp. of gypsum and 2 tsp of yeast nutient

White Labs WLP028 Edinbugh Ale Yeast

This could be changed to an all grain mash