hist-brewing: Combrune's Theory and Practice of Brewing

Glenn Raudins glenn at raudins.com
Tue Apr 13 17:45:07 PDT 2004

It is good to see a little activity returning to the list!  I just
wanted to let the list know that I am republishing Michael Combrune's
1762 book, The Theory and Practice of Brewing.  Combrune's book was the
first to advocate using a thermometer in brewing and the first to view
brewing as a science, not just an art.  If you are interested, check out
my webpage for more information:

http://www.raudins.com/BrewBooks/

Glenn

P.S. If anyone has recent contact information for Adam Larsen and his
Manx Ale book, let me know.  I am still trying to find him.