hist-brewing: Mini-Kegs and Carbonation

Owen Hutchins owenbrau at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 11 19:36:46 PDT 2004

At least one company is selling a tap for the 5 liter mini-kegs that taps them on their side instead of upright. Also, you can get systems that use 2, 3, and even 6 liter soda bottles, which I like. Check out morebeer.com .
The mini-kegs were never really intended to be re-used, and I found them more annoying than anything else. However, if they can hold carbonation, they can hold carbonation. The container doesn't care how the CO2 got there, only the pressure it is at.
Owen
"Beer is living proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy"
B. Franklin