hist-brewing: Thomas Jefferson Ale

JazzboBob at aol.com JazzboBob at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 21:15:33 PST 2003

I am still looking for any original source information or recipe for a Thomas
Jefferson ale.  I have only seen mention that his daughter was a prodigious
brewer that produced more ale then bottles were available to package the brew
and that they used wheat.  I have found a recipe in The Homebrewer's Recipe
Guide.  This book is by Patrick Higgins, Maura Kate Kilgore, and Paul Hertlein
and is published by Simon & Schuster.  ISBN  0-684-82921-5
Does anyone know where to reach any of these people?  They were in NY at the
time of researching the book.  I'd like to know if their brew is based upon a
historic recipe or is their own creation.

thanks,  Bob Grossman in Philadelphia