hist-brewing: Gutenbrew

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Jul 28 17:36:59 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 08:25:46PM -0400, Glenn Raudins wrote:

> One problem I have found with converting to on-line formats is that
> most of the books have complicated tables and typesetting.  How do
> you propose to solve this?

Most tables in books can get formatted as fairly simple ASCII tables,
but it really matters how fancy the typesetting in the book is. I plan
on publishing an ASCII table, an HTML table, and a graphic image of
all tables; that won't guarantee that the ASCII table is fully useful,
but there is a Plan B that probably works for everyone.

> I know Project Gutenberg has a lawyer who does copyright search
> before projects are tackled.

Yes, he approved The London and Contry Brewer for us.

-- greg