hist-brewing: Gutenbrew

Glenn Raudins glenn at raudins.com
Mon Jul 28 17:25:46 PDT 2003

Congrats on getting the London and Country Brewer into electronic text!
This is one text that I would like to see all of the editions available,
as they spanned around 50 years!   I will have to look through my
collection to see if there is something I can contribute.  One problem I
have found with converting to on-line formats is that most of the books
have complicated tables and typesetting.  How do you propose to solve
this?

Regarding copyright, I would say be careful here as there are some
strange nuances to copyright laws. US and British copyright laws are
different, including the time a work is covered. I know Project
Gutenberg has a lawyer who does copyright search before projects are
tackled.

Glenn