hist-brewing: Cordials

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 21:11:01 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/30/2003 3:49:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rory at forgottensea.org writes:

> This section has been misquoted out of context for years. Believe what you
> will, but I assure you, it is not. I notice that you didn't include the main
>
> section of this section. I hope this was only an oversight and not a
> purposefully misdirection. But this section is in regards to commercial
> production.

       No, it's not "in regards to commercial production."
       It affects you and me.  Note the last sentence.
       "You cannot produce spirits for beverage purposes without
> paying taxes and without prior approval of paperwork to operate a
> distilled spirits plant. [See 26 U.S.C. 5601 & 5602 for some of the
> criminal penalties.] There are numerous requirements that must be
> met that make it impractical to produce spirits for personal or
> beverage use."
       Just remember, what you are told over the phone by an ATF
agent or a state lawmaker is not worth the paper it's written on.
       Scotti