hist-brewing: Cordials

Owen Hutchins owenbrau at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 13:11:25 PDT 2003

If you do not possess a distilling permit from the BATF, no matter WHAT your
state's laws say, you are in violation of Federal law. Period.
Home-distillers also cannot GET one, by BATF regulation. Only individuals
and corporate entities that intend to distill for a viable business venture
will be considered.

Many homebrew shops do sell the New Zealand equipment, and it's legal to own
and even use. You just can't distill alcohol legally.

I have been a professional brewer since 1996, and I have dealt with the BATF
regularly for most of that time. I have (somewhere) the relevant CFRs.

Owen
"English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other
languages down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets
for loose grammar."