hist-brewing: Cordials

Bruce R. Gordon obsidian at raex.com
Tue Jul 1 05:59:43 PDT 2003

Greetings
     I found it useful myself, although I must say being viewed as some
sort of troll was a surprise - I wasn't trying to stir up a fight,
merely stating the law as I understood it. Nevertheless, Greg is
correct, such a discussion is close to being OT, and I won't mention it
again.
     If I could cautiously make a comment not involving legalities,
directed toward a snippet imbedded below...? My research indicates that
freeze distillation was by no means the predominant method in period -
I have no doubt it was used extensively, but so were other nethods. See
my paper at...

http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/precwat.html

          ...for a fairly clear description of a vapor condensation
method from the early 15th century - it's located in recipe #9.

Bruce R. Gordon

> Actually, I was enjoying the discussion. Of course, I'm American.
*shrug*

--
Ex Tenebra, Lux