hist-brewing: Cordials

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Jun 30 13:55:41 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 01:47:11PM -0600, rory wrote:

> Especially in regards to freeze-distilling, which
> is the period method of distilling, anyway, and not regulated at all by the
> ATF.

It is specificially prohibited: there's a rule about it that says if
you reduce the water by freezing, you have to dilute the result back
down. This rule covers "cold filtered" beers.

Please, please, don't hold this discussion on this list. It bores the
non-Americans to tears, and you aren't an authority on the issue.

I've only ever met one guy in the US who distills -- and he owns a
commercial brewery, so it was fairly easy for him to do the paperwork
to legally distill.

-- greg, the list owner