hist-brewing: project gutenbrew rides again

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Jun 2 00:44:06 PDT 2003

Recently I noticed that Project Gutenberg, which is digitizing out of
copyright books, has a neat website that enables distributed
proofreading.

A friend of mine is currently running "The London and Country Brewer"
(1736) through OCR, and when it's available to be proofread, I'll let
you guys know. If we could get copies of other brewing texts, we could
digitize them, too.

I've set up a webpage of hist-brew texts:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/histbrew.html

If you have any input, please let me know.

-- greg