hist-brewing: 16th c. Dutch Beer

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Wed Sep 25 12:59:51 PDT 2002

I've found 2 sources (in English) on Dutch beer in the 16th century - I
don't know if
this is what you're looking for, but It should help.
This is cut and paste out of our Inter Library Loan system, so it should be
good
enough for your local library to find a copy.

>Journal Title: De Halve maen.
>Volume: 69
>Issue: (3)
>Month:
>Year: 1996
>Inclusive Pages: 41-46
>Article Author: Vilsteren, V.T. van
>Article Title: From Herbs to Hops: Outlines of the brewing process in
>medieval europe
>Item Author:
>Item Place:
>Item Publisher:
>Item Edition:
>ISSN/ISBN: 0017-6834

This second item is a thesis which the owning library won't circulate, but
can be purchased
through UMI (www.umi.com):

Title: The brewing industry in Holland, 1300-1800 : a study in industrial
Author: Yntema, Richard John, 1957-

If you find anything else, please let me know - I'm always anxious to find
pre-1600 sources on
brewing.
         -----wade
         whutchis at bucknell.edu