Boiling mead must (was Re: hist-brewing: mangos)

Owen Hutchins owenbrau at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 1 14:49:48 PDT 2002

I boil my mead must, to sanitize it and to remove protiens, which helps
clarity. I've never had a problem with doing so boiling off flavor and aroma
components, as is commonly stated as the reason not to boil.
Owen
"English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other
languages down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets
for loose grammar."