hist-brewing: eucalyptus honey

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Jun 30 20:47:53 PDT 2002

jpbrew (jpbrew at pinn.net) said something that sounded like:
> Okay guys, I'm going to try to make something useful from this eucalyptus
> honey. Should be something different from the honey I get here in Virginia.
> Last question though, this honey is very dark and strong, any tips as to
> whether or not use some type of fruit in it?

If it is dark and strong, I would recommend using half of this honey and
half of something milder (such as clover) to make a batch. The eucalyptus
honey I had was not what I would call dark. (Mine could have been a
blend.) It was darker than many common table honeys, but not as dark as
even the cranberry honey I got.

Ciao,