hist-brewing: eucalyptus honey

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jun 27 08:41:04 PDT 2002

jpbrew (jpbrew at pinn.net) said something that sounded like:
> Does anybody have any mead recipes for eucalyptus honey? I bought this
> stuff when I was first starting out, but since then every article I have
> read about eucalyptus honey makes me think I'll end up with something
> like Hall's cough medicine. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have to say that I disagree with that despite what I've heard as well.
The one I did turned out wonderfully light in flavor with a hint of the
eucalyptus 'twang'.

1 gallon eucalyptus honey
1 quart wild flower
water to make 5 gallons
whitbread ale yeast

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "What about your friends?
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   They're Defective!